Important construction company are looking for 2 Mechanical Shift Managers to work in UK. Choseen candidates work in London in production department, working under department manager.
– Ensuring that staff and operatives are in possession of the current excavation parameters instruction and are working in accordance with this.
– Ensure that works are being carried out correctly and in accordance with any RAMS.
– React to any anomalies in both excavation parameters and surface settlements.
– Inform TBM Tunnel manager of any anomalies and special circumstances where applicable.
– Will be person in charge in response to any Emergency situation that may occur within the underground works.
– Provide instruction and support to TBM Shift and Control Room Engineers.
– Ensure correct record keeping for all shift operations.
– Carry out start and shift briefings as appropriate.
– Ensure adequacy of materials and equipment required for carrying out the shift work.
– Ensure that regular testing of materials is carried out in accordance with the works requirements.
– Management and control of Sub-Contractors.
– Support the professional development of personnel within the team.
– Own the construction risks associated with the works and participate in risk review meetings.
– Set an example to others in respect of H&S requirements and reporting.
– Liaise with staff and operatives to control workload and obtain feedback on production and H&S concerns.
– Permanent contract.
– Remuneration upon qualifications/experience (80 k. to 120 k.)
– Bachelor Degree industrial engineering branch or Degree in Technical Industrial engineering mechanic specialty.
– One year of experience in similar functions in TBM projects.
– This is a day based role you will be required to have a flexible working approach as the facility operates 24/7.
– English: level minimum B2.
– International experience wil be a plus.
– Driving license.